Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
You guessed it-this recipe is from the Soprano's Family Cookbook. I found it on the net and had to share.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mild pickled peppers (plus 2 T. juice)
- 3 -5 hot pepperoncini peppers (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot, pat chops dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Cook chops, turning once for about 5 minutes on each side, or until brown.
- Lower the heat to medium and scatter garlic around chops.
- Cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Check for doneness.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the peppers and juice to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes or until the peppers are heated through.
- Spoon the peppers over chops and serve immediately.
Could I give this TEN stars???<br/>Wow!!! SOOOOO tasty!! Definitely reduce the sauce until it is caramelized. <br/>This is going in the family favourites, without a doubt! <br/>Thank you Dib's...truly wonderful!
Have been making this dish for years--learned from Italian mother-in-law. Love this dish! I often grill the pork chops instead of pan searing--adds nice flavor. I always use a few sliced hot cherry peppers in addition to the vinegar peppers as well and also like the addition of sliced mushrooms. Goes well with garlic mashed potatoes.
Couple of changes. Use 4-6 cherry peppers sliced, or more if you really like it hot. No pepperoncini. And instead of 2 T of juice, increase it to 1/2 cup of the cherry pepper brine.