Recipe by Heather3271
This simple dish is heart-healthy, light, and very satisfying! The Sopranos' Family Cookbook, Recipe by Michele Scicolone, 2002
Top Review by jph1115
No rating. This is just to let folks know that the recipe as shown is wrong. The original recipe calls for one chicken (about 3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered. Everything else is the same as in the book, but if someone actually used the boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the temperature and length of time this calls for they'd be way overcooked.
- 2 lemons
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 potatoes, fist-sized, peeled and cut into wedges (preferably Yukon Gold)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon. Slice the other one.
- Put the chicken and potatoes in a baking pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Sprinkle the lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Turn the pieces to coat evenly, then turn the chicken skin side up. Tuck the lemon slices and potatoes in between the chicken pieces.
- Bake the chicken for 45 minutes. Baste with the pan juices. Continue to bake, basting occasionally, for 15 to 30 minutes longer or until the chicken is browned and the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the chicken, potatoes, and lemon slices to a serving platter. Tip the pan and skim off the fat. Pour the juices over the chicken and serve.
- NOTES: Red potatoes are yummy, too!