Top Review by sugarpea
Delicious and quite easy to put together. I used fat free milk rather than half and half, but otherwise followed the recipe. Dh liked it so much I'm afraid he's going to end up with a stomach ache from eating too much of it (he's still eating!). I put it together this morning, refrigerated it and then put in the oven tonight, straight from the frig and baked it for the recommended 30 minutes, and that worked quite well. All the flavors meld beautifully, you'd never guess there's yogurt and salsa in this dish. I'm delighted to find such a rich tasting pasta so low in fat. Thanks, Jules.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup half-and-half (regular or non-fat)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- 16 ounces of your favorite salsa
- 1 lb medium shrimp, boiled and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 12x8 pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine eggs, half and half, yogurt, Swiss Cheese, feta cheese, Italian parsley, basil and oregano in a medium bowl.
- Mix well.
- Spread half of the pasta on the bottom of the pan.
- Add half of the shrimp.
- Spread half the salsa over the shrimp Cover with the remaining pasta and spread the egg mixture over the pasta Top with the remaining shrimp and salsa.
- Sprinkle Parmigiano-reggiano cheese over the top.
- Bake the angel hair pasta concoction at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Bon appetito always!