Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just came up with this. One of those 'hmmmmmm...what can I do with these ingredients' moments. Easy to prepare and just as easy to eat ;)
- 1 vidalia onion, diced
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 2 slice whole wheat bread (I use low-cal bread)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (I use Borden's fat free)
- 1 slice swiss cheese (Borden's fat free)
- 8 leaf spinach
- Heat a sprayed nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Sauté onion; add spices to taste.
- When softened, dump onions out of skillet and set aside.
- Spray pan again.
- Put both slices of bread on skillet.
- Place one cheese slice on one and one on the other.
- Let cheese melt.
- Place spinach evenly on one slice and pile onions on other.
- Sandwich the two slices together and continue cooking to desired doneness.
- Munch away!
- I suggest heating a little tomato sauce and using as a dip or use tomato soup (or my gazpacho from my rainbow roasted salsa).
Mmmmm....this was really good. I left out the cayenne and added 2 slices of tomato. Thanks Jessica!