Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From the 1959 Stroller cookbook, a local cookbook that comes out yearly in the Spartanburg Herald-Journal.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except mushrooms.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Stir in can of mushrooms.
- Bake another 30 minutes.