Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
A refreshing, flavorful salad with just a hint of smokiness. My 3 year old and I were looking to make a quick and healthy lunch with what we had on hand. This was the tasty result. We've been experimenting with garbanzo beans (chickpeas) over the last year and she giggles whenever we eat them because her pronunciation is "chickie-peas". Since she helped create this dish and then had two helpings, I named it after her. :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 10 black olives, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (dried will work also)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I used fresh squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 sprig parsley (optional garnish)
- lemon wedge (optional garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour garbanzo beans into a small bowl and mash with a fork until about half of the beans are broken up.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Place a few tomato slices on each plate and top with salad mixture. Garnish with a bit of extra parsley and a lemon wedge or twist, if desired.