Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy to prepare casserole that is a favorite. I got this recipe from an elderly relative who literally created it by adding what she had available at the time to feed a family of 8 on a small budget.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups small macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 slices American cheese
- Fry hamburger and onions until brown.
- Mix into the hamburger and onions: macaroni,garlic salt and tomato soup.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add brown sugar.
- Mix altogether and pour into 9x13 baking dish.
- Cover with American Cheese and bake 1/2 hour at 350 degrees.
This was so easy to put together. I was really trying to stretch the meal so I doubled the macaroni and added another can of soup. Filled my guys up and I had just a small bowl left for lunch today. Thanks so much for the recipe.