Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe hand written in one of my grandmother's cookbooks. She said it was a recipe her sister had written down in the book in the early 60's, but grandma never made because she thought she had lost it. The recipe calls for a # 2 1/2 can of whole tomatoes. I'm not sure what size that is but I think it's the large can so the tomato oz is guess. Servings are a guess also.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (25 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large deep skillet brown Vermicelli in oil add beef and stir till browned.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cook 10 minutes then put in a baking dish and Bake at 250° for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake another 5 minutes.