1/1 Photo of Sopas (Chicken Noodle Soup Filipino Style)
Denise Engstrom's Note:
This soup is good for cold weather or when your feeling a little under the weather. It's good food for the soul.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 pack)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 4 sticks celery, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped into cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- tiparos fish sauce
- salt substitute for fish sauce
- 1boil chicken until cook, drain then shred with a fork or hands.
- 2in a large pot, add canola oil and saute onions, garlic, celery, carrots, black pepper until slightly translucent.
- 3add chicken and cabbage, stirring until coated with oil.
- 4add chicken broth (add water if needed), boil covered for 5-8 mins.
- 5add evaporated milk and cream of mushroom.
- 6boil for another 5 mins.
- 7add fish sauce to taste ( adding 1 tbsp at a time, let boil, taste).
- 8serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopas (Chicken Noodle Soup Filipino Style)
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 486.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 21.6 g