Recipe by Denise Engstrom
This soup is good for cold weather or when your feeling a little under the weather. It's good food for the soul.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 pack)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 4 sticks celery, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped into cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- tiparos fish sauce
- salt substitute for fish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- boil chicken until cook, drain then shred with a fork or hands.
- in a large pot, add canola oil and saute onions, garlic, celery, carrots, black pepper until slightly translucent.
- add chicken and cabbage, stirring until coated with oil.
- add chicken broth (add water if needed), boil covered for 5-8 mins.
- add evaporated milk and cream of mushroom.
- boil for another 5 mins.
- add fish sauce to taste ( adding 1 tbsp at a time, let boil, taste).
- serve hot.