1/2 Photos of Sopapillas (Yeast variation)
Another good fry bread recipe. My son brought this one home from a cooking class at school.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring milk just to a boil.
- 2Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3Combine flour, salt and baking powder in medium bowl.
- 4Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal; make well in center.
- 5Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- 6Pour in 1/2 cup of the cooled milk.
- 7Pour the yeast mixture into the center of dry ingredients.
- 8Add additional milk if necessary so the dough just holds together.
- 9Gather dough together and knead 15 times.
- 10Cover with a cloth and let stand about 10 minutes.
- 11Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375 degrees.
- 12On a floured surface, roll out half the dough to a 1/4-inch sheet.
- 13Cut into 9 triangles and cover with a towel to keep moist.
- 14Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 15Add a few to oil at a time.
- 16Fry on both sides 3 to 5 minutes.
- 17Drain on paper toweling.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopapillas (Yeast variation)
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 117.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g