Recipe by JenPo
I only saw sopapilla cheesecake on here. Crazy! Here's a sopapilla recipe. Serving size is approximate(I haven't tried it yet) Passive cook time is for rising.
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast (1 pkg)
- 1 1⁄2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast in water, then add milk, egg, honey or sugar, salt, and flour.
- Knead. Let rise until double, which will take about 1/2 hour. Punch down and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- When ready to use, roll dough out very thin and cut into triangles and fry in oil a few at a time, completely immersed (this causes it to puff up).
- You can top them many different ways. My favorite way is how the local restaurants do, with a scoop of ice cream, and honey and cinnamon on top.