Recipe by Computer Chef
What is a Tex-Mex dinner without sopaipillas for desert? The are good with honey or sugar.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening, lard or 1 tablespoon butter
- warm water
- oil (for deep frying)
- honey or sugar, and butter for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in the lard/butter/shortening until its small and crumbly like a pie crust.
- Add just enough water to make a dough.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough thin and cut in small triangles.
- Place in hot oil flipping them over when one side is brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve warm with honey, butter and sugar.