Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
- mix flour and salt and crisco together.
- then add hot water to mix.
- form a ball and let rest for 10 minute.
- roll out smaller pieces of dough as thin as you can.
- cut into squares like dumplings.
- then fry in hot oil until brown.
- serve with honey.
There may be better sopapillas recipes out there, but if you need a quick 'n' easy sopapilla this is it. They didn't puff up too much, so it's more of a flat fry-bread. I tossed 1 batch with cinn/sugar and a 2nd batch was served plain with honey on the side. Pretty good!