1/2 Photos of Sopa Seca De Arroz- Mexican Rice
My BF said this was the best rice he had ever eaten. I adapted this recipe from a Sunset Mexican Cookbook. This recipe can easily be cut in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml long grain rice
- 88.74 ml butter or 88.74 ml margarine
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 946.36 ml regular-strength chicken broth
- 2-3 california chilies (optional) or 2-3 pasilla chiles, medium sized, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 236.59 ml pimento stuffed olive
- 1In a wide frying pan over medium-high heat, brown rice lightly in butter or margarine.
- 2Add onion, garlic, tomato, and chiles, if used and cook for 2 or 3 minutes; add 3 cups of the broth.
- 3Cover and simmer 25 to 35 minutes or bake, covered, in a 350F oven 50 to 60 minutes.
- 4Add more broth, if needed, to cook rice. However, there should be no liquid remaining when rice is tender to bite.
- 5Add cilantro, if desired, during last 10 minutes.
- 6Garnish rice with olives.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa Seca De Arroz- Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.4
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1319.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives