Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 208 calories, 7.2 g fat, 16.1 g protein, 21.2 g carb, 3 g fiber, 39 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by Gatorchef
Really tasty, and so fresh-tasting. I omitted the cliantro & cumin (to keep the kiddos from turning up their noses!) & used extra garlic and some good Italian seasoning. Also, I used some chopped parsley & sour cream for toppings. Came out great. Thanks!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup shredded queso quesadilla cheese or 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 10 lime wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the soup: heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; stir/saute for 3 minutes.
- Add oregano, cumin, and garlic; stir/saute 1 minute.
- Add in chicken stock, potato, and chickpeas; bring to a boil; cook 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken, corn, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and 1/3 cup cilantro; cook 2 minutes.
- To serve: ladle 1 cup soup into individual soup bowls; top each with 1 tablespoon chopped onion, 1 tablespoon cilantro, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Serve with lime wedge.