1/2 Photos of Sopa De Zanahoria -- Carrot and Cheese Soup (Paraguay)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2003 cookbook, The South American Table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2-quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, then add the carrots & cook, stirring, until they are covered with the butter.
- 2Add salt, sugar & hot water, then bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, & cook until soft, about 20 minutes.
- 3Drain, reserving the cooking liquid, then transfer the carrots to a blender & process until smooth, adding a little of the cooking liquid.
- 4Return to the saucepan with the remaining liquid & bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low & stir in the cheese, while simmering until the cheese melts ~ The texture should be like that of heavy cream.
- 5Add additional salt, pepper or sugar as needed, then serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Zanahoria -- Carrot and Cheese Soup (Paraguay)
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 421.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g