Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an Ecuadorean soup with a good flavor. The ingredients are very typical to Ecuador. I sometimes use half beef stock and half chicken stock, for a lighter flavor. Achiote oil is optional. You can use Achiote Oil. This could be made vegetarian by using a good vegetable stock and omitting the butter. Recipe from Cocinemos Con Kristy, Tomo 2.
- 1892.72 ml beef stock
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut in half
- 1 small plantain, peeled and grated
- 1 small carrots, cut into bite-size chunks or 1 small potato, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 cabbage leaves, cut up
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml achiote oil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Bring stock to a boil.
- Add turnip and add garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add carrot. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add potato, cabbage, parsley and plantain, which has been grated on the large holes of your grater.
- Remove the turnip and mash it very well. You can use the blender for this.
- Return the smooth turnip puree to the soup. Add butter and achiote oil, if using.
- Serve the soup when the potatoes are cooked through.