Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
A delicious and, as the title says, spicy way to serve plantains.
Make and share this Sopa De Platano (Spicy Plantain and Corn Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 ounces plantains, peeled and sliced into discs (yellow)
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped (1 tsp., if using dried)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg, grated
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking until the onion is soft.
- Add plantains, corn, and tomato. Cook for about five minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the nutmeg, and simmer until the plantain slices are tender. Add the nutmeg and serve hot.