Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This Is my favorite soup! Serve it with white rice and avocado--delicious!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 medium green plantains
- 1 cup sofrito sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- adobo seasoning (to taste)
- water (Large pot 3/4 full)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fill pot 3/4 way full of water.
- Crumble raw Ground beef into water.
- Add Adobo, sazon and bouillon cubes.
- Add oil to a small pot, cook sofrito about 3-4 minutes on med high heat. Add to water.
- Grate Plantains on a cheese grater ( finest part of the grater)
- Add the plantains to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add as much tomato sauce as you like.its up to you. I add the whole can.
- Bring it all to a boil, then simmer on med low heat 1-1 1/2 hours. Season with more adobo ( or salt) to your taste, if needed.
- Serve with rice!
- 1 white onion.
- 1 green bell pepper.
- 1 bunch of cilantro.
- 3 cloves of garlic.
- 2 tbs. of oregano.
- Chop and puree all ingredients. Freeze the rest to use in other recipes (it's the best magic seasoning!).
Made it with lean ground turkey instead. I had bought the ingredients ahead of time so my plantains were yellow, not green but it a dded a sweet flavor to the soup. I made the soup on a Sunday afternoon for a friends gathering, I accompanied it with white fluffy rice and "agua de panela" and my friends really loved it, this is a really easy to follow delicious soup, one that I will make over and over again. Than you Mimi!