Recipe by Annacia
Totaly authentic and wonderful. Chicken Lime soup.
Top Review by duonyte
A lovely spicy soup. I used a ripe jalapeno, as that was what I had. Instead of frying tortillas, I used some tortilla strips that were intended for salads, but worked well here. Also, I just forgot the avocado (which then made a nice sandwich for me). Also, I used some turkey meatballs that I made during a meatball marathon a couple of days ago, and those worked just great. I reduced the recipe a bit to use three cups of broth, which was right for us for two servings, We really enjoyed this soup on this very cold night.
- 2 limes (Green-Yellow lime, only the juice)
- 2 limes, for garnish (cut in slices)
- 8 tortillas, de maiz (cut in large pieces)
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth ((authentic-real)
- 1 teaspoon chicken broth, dried
- 4 tomatoes (jitomates, ground or very finely chopped with the juice)
- 1 onion
- green chiles serranos (optional)
- 1 avocado, for to adorn (garnish)
- vegetable oil (for frying tortillas)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the tortilla slices in vegetable oil. Let stand in absorbent paper.
- Put the onion,diced in a sarten (pot) with oil, when onion is transparent put in the tomato with it's juice.
- Let it cook on low heat 20 minutes and add the chicken, chicken broth dried (I used chicken soup base), lime juice, salt and pepper and chile if using.
- Simmer on med low till chicken is cooked through.
- Add fried tortilla strips and garnish with lime and avocado, serve.