1/3 Photos of Sopa De Lima
This is a very tasty soup. I love the lime and garnishes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, poached and shredded
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted peeled seeded and finely diced or 2 (226.79 g) can diced mild green chilies
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced or 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 2.46 ml ground oregano
- 2.46 ml ground thyme
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1892.0 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 avocado, peeled pitted and sliced
- 1 serrano chili pepper, finely diced
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips deep fried and drained on paper towels or 8 corn tortilla strips
- 1 lime, cut into wheels
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Cook and shred chicken. Set aside.
- 2Pour olive oil into a large pot and heat over medium high heat until hot. Add the onion and saute for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute or until onions are translucent.
- 3Add the poblano chiles, tomatoes, spices and chicken broth. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Add the shredded chicken and lime juice and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Garnish each serving of soup with the avocado slices, diced serrano chile, tortilla strips, lime wheels, and cilantro. Also good with sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Lima
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 370.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.5 g