Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A cold-weather, apres-ski recipe borrowed from a friend of mine
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth or 4 -6 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- corn chips
- Saute onions, garlic, jalapenos in a bit of oil until softened.
- Add cumin powder.
- Add tomatoes. Simmer until tomatoes have released their juices.
- Add broth and heat thoroughly.
- To serve, crunch corn chips. In bowl, layer chips with cheese, top with cilatro. Pour soup over layers in the bowl and serve.