1/3 Photos of Sopa De Lentejas De La Tia Julita
AKA Chilean Hearty Lentil Chowder with Chorizo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 ounces chorizo sausages, peeled and sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup pumpkin, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced into 1-inch rings
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lentils, pickled over and rinsed
- 1 small celery rib, with leaves
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 1/2-3 quarts water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy soup pot. Add the chorizo, onion, and pumpkin; cook over high heat, stirring, for a few minutes. Add the leeks, garlic, and tomato, and cook for 3 minutes more.
- 2Tie the celery, parsley & bay leaves together w/kitchen string and add along with the lentils to the soup pot. Add enough water to cover the lentils by 2 inches, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer covered for about 20 minutes.
- 3Season with salt and black pepper, add the potato cubes, and simmer until the vegetables are soft, 15 minutes. If necessary, add more water.
- 4Before serving, discard the herb bundle, and taste for seasoning. Serve the soup piping hot, garnished with the parsley.
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Lentejas De La Tia Julita
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 243.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 10.4 g