Jax Carcache's Note:
A traditional recipe from nicaragua. Where I was born.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the beans until they are soft, making sure that the water doesn't evaporate--adding more water if it's necessary to keep the beans covered.
- 2Cut up all of the vegetables into very fine pieces.
- 3Find a 6 liter pan and melt the margarine stick in it.
- 4Then dump in the sliced vegetables and fry them in the butter until they are browned.
- 5Dump out in all of the excess water from the beans.
- 6Set this mixture to boil and add in the buttermilk or sour cream.
- 7If you want to add in pepper, salt, vinager, or garlic then do it now.
- 8Beat 3 eggs in a bowl.
- 9Add in the eggs to the soup while stirring and continue stirring until they are completely mixed inches Then crack open the rest of the eggs and drop them in, one by one.
- 10The eggs are an optional part of the soup, however.
- 11Cook of the soup until it's boiled and the eggs are completely done and then serve it on top of rice with tortillas.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Frijoles(bean Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.9
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 321.1 mg
- Sodium 319.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g