Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I took a mexican cooking class and this is one of the recipes he taught us. We have made it often over the past several years. It is one of our favorite dishes. Fideo can be found in the mexican section. It is an inexpensive short thin pasta. I double this recipe for us because we love it so much.
- 7 ounces pasta (aka fideo.mexican section of store)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock (or more if you like thiner)
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, mix (aka sazon mix recipe to follow)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membrane removed
- water, as needed instructions below
- In a pan (i use a dutch oven) add oil and fideo. Toast fideo until well browned.
- add chicken stock and then rest of ingredents.
- cook covered for appx 25 minute.
- sazon mix instructions.
- combine all of sazon ingredients in blender add water to thin if needed freeze leftover in ice cube trays then put in bag and use for seasoning for many dishes.