Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is one featured at the new Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe in Disney's California Adventure, located beside the bustle of Buena Vista Street and the trickling Carthay Circle fountain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon tapatio hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (garnish)
- 1Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet. When oil is hot, add tortilla strips and stir until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- 2Cook onion in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic, bell pepper and corn; cook for about 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in chicken stock, tomato puree, salt, chili powder, pepper, sugar, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Whisk flour and water in a small bowl and stir into soup. Bring to a boil, then simmer 4 minutes.
- 5Add chicken and bring back to a simmer. Stir in cream, sour cream, shredded cheese, and black beans.
- 6To serve, garnish with fried tortilla strips and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Enchilada (Mexican Enchilada Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.0
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.6 mg
- Sodium 721.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 29.7 g