1 hr 30 mins
Az B's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 white sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2 -inch rough chunks
- 1 white potato, peeled and rough cut
- 1 cup butternut squash, blue hubbard squash (peeled and cubed) or 1 cup sweet pumpkin (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (optional,)
- 2 cups kale (or a mix, coarsly chopped) or 2 cups cabbage (or a mix, coarsly chopped)
- 1/3 cup olive oil or 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt (or to taste )
- fresh ground pepper
- 1In a large 8- quart pot, combine all the ingredients with the except the of the kale/cabbage, pasta, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 2Pour in enough water to cover, about 12 cups.
- 3Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes.
- 4If using, add the pasta.
- 5Add the salt and pepper. Mix in the leafy greens and continue to simmer another 15 minutes until the potatoes, squash and beans are easily mashed with a fork.
- 6Drizzle in the olive oil and simmer one more minute.
Browse Our Top Portuguese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Portuguese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Campo (Madeiran Country Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 761.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g