1 hr 20 mins
jenny butt's Note:
This soup is traditional to CUBA..........you'll want to keep coming back for more. From Foods of the World series, Time/Life.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g raw prawns
- 1 ounce butter
- 4 ounces onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large firm ripe tomatoes (drained) or 2 (8 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes (drained)
- 3/8 pint fish stock or 3/8 pint water
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 new potatoes, cut & cubed
- 3/4 pint milk
- 3/8 pint double cream
- 2 ears corn, cut into 1/3rds
- 1Shell & devein prawns.
- 2Cut each in 1/2 - set aside.
- 3Melt butter over moderate heat in large saucepan.
- 4When foam subsides add onion and garlic; saute for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in tomatoes, stock, cloves, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- 6Bring to boil over high heat then reduce to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Pour entire content into a large sieve over another large bowl.
- 8Puree the mixture, discard bay leaf and clove.
- 9Return puree to saucepan.
- 10Add potatoes and bring to boil over high heat.
- 11Reduce heat to low cover tightly and simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- 12Stir in milk, cream, and corn.
- 13Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- 14Add prawns and cook covered for further 4 -5 minutess, until they're pink and firm.
- 15Taste for seasoning.
- 16Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Camerones (Prawn, Corn & Potato Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.3
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 248.3 mg
- Sodium 1786.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 30.7 g