Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This would be wonderful with a loaf of warm bread and a green salad. This was made in our house when we lived in Cuba - oh so long ago. Updated 04/07/2007 - add chiles to the soup(optional).
- 3 lbs pumpkin, peeled, seeded & cubed
- 4 green apples, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 sweet peppers, seeded
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Combine all of the ingredients except for cilantro and nutmeg in a large pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid and puree in blender or food processor.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Reheat over medium heat.
- Garnish with cilantro & nutmeg.
wasnt very big on the taste
a nice soup thank you for posting dee