Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe just goes to show that not all Southwestern recipes are extra spicy. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped (canned is fine)
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Wash rice and drain very well.
- Heat olive oil to sizzling in a large saucepan.
- Add well-drained rice and cook to a deep brown, stirring as needed to prevent burning.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Serve hot.