Recipe by mollypaul
This recipe just goes to show that not all Southwestern recipes are extra spicy. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped (canned is fine)
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice and drain very well.
- Heat olive oil to sizzling in a large saucepan.
- Add well-drained rice and cook to a deep brown, stirring as needed to prevent burning.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Serve hot.