2 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Peanut Soup from Curaçao.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 ounces stewing beef, trimmed of fat & cut into 1-inch dice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch dice
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Soak salt beef in water for 1 hour; then drain.
- 2In saucepan, heat oil and saute onion over medium-high heat.
- 3Add garlic, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- 4Add beef and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- 5Let simmer until beef is tender (1 hour).
- 6Add chicken and simmer for 40 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- 7Whisk in peanut butter, then add sugar, jalapeno, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- 8Simmer 25-30 minutes and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Amendoim (Caribbean Chicken and Peanut Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.1
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 789.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 31.4 g