1 hr 15 mins
A warm and comforting soup from the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart tomato (canned is fine)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (store bought, Chili Powder or your own recipe)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water, boiling
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1Mash tomatoes or whirl in food processor.
- 2Add stock, chili powder, salt and water; boil down about a quarter.
- 3Grind beef and pork together twice.
- 4Dip dried bread in water, squeeze dry and add to meat.
- 5Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 6Brown onion in oil; remove onion.
- 7Shape meat mixture in balls the size of marbles and brown lightly in oil.
- 8Add to soup and simmer for an hour.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Albondigas - Southwestern Meatball Soup
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 1154.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g