Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a spicy meatball soup.
Make and share this Sopa De Albondigas/Meatball Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 carrots (peel and slice)
- 4 stalks celery (clean and slice)
- 8 potatoes (peel and cut into small pieces)
- 1 white onion (dice into small pieces)
- 4 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (one small piece of garlic diced)
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) package saltines (put saltines in zipper bag and take rolling pin and roll then until crushed and smooth, not sure abo)
- 2 eggs
- 5 -6 serrano peppers (optional if you like a little spice, dice into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 5 -6 bolillo rolls
- 1.In stock pot fill with water about half full (can add more later if needed). Place on stove on med-high add carrots, celery, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, beef bouillon cubes, and garlic. Let cook while it its cooking in a bowl place hamburger, onion, ketchup, crushed saltines, eggs, Serrano peppers(diced), couple dashes season salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients with hands until everything is mixed together. Then form meatballs 1 1/2 to 2inches around. Once the soup has been cooking about 1 hr drop meatballs into soup let soup cook for about another 20-30minutes. Dish into bowls and serve with rolls & limes.