Recipe by Feeding my Family
The rule in my kitchen is that there is no such thing as too much garlic. This recipe just clinched it! This was the first thing I learned to cook when I moved to Spain. It is the best cheap meal I know.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -9 garlic cloves, pressed
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, frozen and cubed
- 7 cups boiling water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté garlic until golden.
- Add the bread cubes, stirring to coat with the garlic and oil. Stir occasionally until the bread cubes are all toasted.
- Add the boiling water. This will make the bread cubes dissolve. If there are some bread cubes that don't, just use a wire whisk to help it along. (If you are using bouillon for extra seasoning, this is the time to add it). Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs together and slowly pour eggs into the soup while stirring the soup. Simmer another 5 minutes to ensure that the eggs are completely cooked.
- Soup is ready to serve. If you can hide it from your family and serve the next day, it is SO much more garlicky!
- Omit chicken cube for Vegetarian.