Recipe by Karen From Colorado
A traditional Spanish soup that comes from the City of Guanajuato, where it was served in the 17th century to the owner of the largest silver mine.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 ounces garlic, seperated into cloves (about 30 cloves)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and saute, stirring constantly until golden brown, about 8 minutes; transfer to a blender reserving oil.
- Puree the garlic with the water and set aside.
- Brown the bread crumbs in the reserved oil.
- Add the chicken stock and the pureed garlic; simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a small bowl.
- Bring the broth to a rolling boil and pour in the beaten eggs in a stream, stirring constantly with a fork.
- Cook for 3 more minutes and serve.