Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The first time I mentioned this soup to my mother she recoiled over the thought of garlic soup being served cold. When I had her imagine a Vichyssoise with garlic her curiosity was peaked. This soup is very traditional in this area of Spain. It is easy to make and in one word: wonderful!
- If you do not have blanched almonds, you can prepare them by hand. Boil a small pot of water. Add.
- almonds and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and dry on paper towels. The skins will slip off easily.
- Peel garlic. Trim crust from bread slices if using French-style or rustic bread. Place bread in one.
- to two cups cold water to soak.
- While bread is soaking, place garlic and almonds into a food processor or blender (we recommend.
- a VitaMix to achieve the desired end product). Blend or pulse until smooth. Remove bread.
- from water and squeeze out excess water. Tear bread into quarters and add bread and 1 tsp salt to.
- processor or blender. Blend or pulse on high. While blending, slowly drizzle olive oil, then vinegar,.
- and finally the water into blender or processor. Taste. Adjust salt, vinegar and oil to taste.
- Pour into a container or bowl. Seal and chill at least two to three hours or overnight. Serve inches.
- chilled bowls or glass mugs, with a splash of vivid green virgin olive oil.
- NOTE – Traditionally, this dish is served with a few green grapes as a garnish; we like the contrasting color, however we prefer to.
- substitute olive oil drops.