Chef from Casa Cebadillas's Note:
The first time I mentioned this soup to my mother she recoiled over the thought of garlic soup being served cold. When I had her imagine a Vichyssoise with garlic her curiosity was peaked. This soup is very traditional in this area of Spain. It is easy to make and in one word: wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you do not have blanched almonds, you can prepare them by hand. Boil a small pot of water. Add.
- 2almonds and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and dry on paper towels. The skins will slip off easily.
- 3Peel garlic. Trim crust from bread slices if using French-style or rustic bread. Place bread in one.
- 4to two cups cold water to soak.
- 5While bread is soaking, place garlic and almonds into a food processor or blender (we recommend.
- 6a VitaMix to achieve the desired end product). Blend or pulse until smooth. Remove bread.
- 7from water and squeeze out excess water. Tear bread into quarters and add bread and 1 tsp salt to.
- 8processor or blender. Blend or pulse on high. While blending, slowly drizzle olive oil, then vinegar,.
- 9and finally the water into blender or processor. Taste. Adjust salt, vinegar and oil to taste.
- 10Pour into a container or bowl. Seal and chill at least two to three hours or overnight. Serve inches.
- 11chilled bowls or glass mugs, with a splash of vivid green virgin olive oil.
- 12NOTE – Traditionally, this dish is served with a few green grapes as a garnish; we like the contrasting color, however we prefer to.
- 13substitute olive oil drops.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Ajo Blanco Chilled Garlic Soup.
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.9
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 497.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar