- 3 large avocados (fully ripe, peeled, halved, seeded and diced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup pale dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 flour tortillas (quartered and fried until crisp, or one avocado, peeled and thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the diced avocados in three batches, combining 1/3 of the dice and 1/2 cup of cream at a time and blending on high speed for 30 seconds.
- In a 3-quart enameled or stainless steel saucepan, bring the stock to a boil over high heat; reduce to low.
- When stock is simmering, stir in avocado puree.
- Add sherry, salt and pepper to taste for seasoning.
- To serve hot, pour into a tureen and top with tortilla or avocado pieces - or refrigerate and serve cold.