karen in tbay's Note:
I made this recipe Xmas 1996 and got great feedback. Taken from BHG Dec 1994. Guessing at prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar in 3 qt heavy saucepan.
- 2Cook over med-high heat, without stirring, till sugar starts to melt.
- 3Reduce heat to low; cook til sugar is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Carefully add the 2 1/2 cups water (it will splatter) Return saucepan to heat.
- 6Bring to boiling, stirring to melt hardened lumps.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Stir in margarine or butter, cinnamon, and vanilla In a 3 qt rectangular baking dish layer half of the bread cubes.
- 9Sprinkle half of the cheese and all of the raisins over bread cubes.
- 10Top with the remaining bread cubes, remaining cheese, and nuts.
- 11Pour caramelized sugar mixture over all.
- 12Bake uncovered, in a 350F oven for 30 minutes or til top is golden and syrup is absorbed.
- 13Serve Sopa warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa (Bread Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 288.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g