Recipe by Sooz Cooks
My entire family loves this salad. I began making it lower carb after Dreamfield’s pasta came out and we could eat pasta again! My family likes these things (actually most things) without chunks of anything crunchy (onion, celery, peppers, etc) I usually make a big batch once a month on Sunday during the summer and it lasts a few days of eating it for lunches or even as a main dish for dinner or even some have eaten it for breakfast! Thanks to Zaar I can now post the recipe for them as I have actually measured the ingredients!
- dreamfields penne rigate (or shells)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (or 3 teaspoons sugar)
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package direction. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large covered bowl combine tuna, peas, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and Splenda (or sugar).
- Add pasta and stir well.
- Add diced eggs, salt and pepper to taste and toss until mixed.
- Chill at least 2 hours and serve. Time to make does not include chilling.