Thick and chewy, these cookies demand you to grab a glass of milk or cup of coffee and just savor the moment! They are that good! This is the closest I've come to the cookies made in a speciality cookie shop. To ensure you get the results expected, don't deviate from the recipe. I have not made allowances for high altitude baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, coursely ground
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- 1 cup pecan nuts, chopped and toasted (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place oven racks in center of oven.
- 2In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, shortening, and both sugars until just well combined. DO NOT beat until light and fluffy.
- 3Mix eggs, vanilla and sour cream into butter mixture until incorporated.
- 4Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix into the batter with mixer or by hand, just until well incorporated.
- 5Grind oats in a blender until coarsely ground.
- 6Stir ground oats, chocolate chips and toasted nuts, if using, into the batter. The dough should be quite stiff.
- 7Allow dough to rest 10 minutes; in the refrigerator if the room is hot.
- 8Drop dough by heaping Tbsp's, 2 inches apart, onto cooled, parchment paper lined baking sheets. Or grease pans very lightly.
- 9Bake one pan at a time, in a 375ºF oven, for 9-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and no longer wet in the center. .
- 10Remove pan from oven to cooling rack and let cookies sit on pan to firm up for about one minute.
- 11Transfer cookies from pans to racks to cool completely.
- 12Dough can be wrapped tightly and kept 3 days in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soozee's Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 75.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g