Recipe by The Giggle Box
I got this recipe from the Wicca cookbook. It is a recipe to use for the Mabon feast or for cleansing Karma.
Top Review by Ickysbeans
Very good. Interesting taste for sure. Next time tho, I will only use one juniper berry. I'm not all that fond of the taste of shrubbery. But the rest of this family loves it! OH, and its very pretty to boot!
- 4 firm bartlett pears or 4 Anjou pears
- 2⁄3 cup merlot or 2⁄3 cup available red wine
- 2⁄3 cup freshly squeezed pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 juniper berries, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core, and quarter the pears.
- In a saucepan, mix the red wine, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and juniper berries.
- Let the mixture simmer for 3 minutes, then add the pears.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring and basting occasionally.
- Serve in Small bowls or red wine glasses.