Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from the Wicca cookbook. It is a recipe to use for the Mabon feast or for cleansing Karma.
- 4 firm bartlett pears or 4 Anjou pears
- 2⁄3 cup merlot or 2⁄3 cup available red wine
- 2⁄3 cup freshly squeezed pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 juniper berries, crushed
- Peel, core, and quarter the pears.
- In a saucepan, mix the red wine, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and juniper berries.
- Let the mixture simmer for 3 minutes, then add the pears.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring and basting occasionally.
- Serve in Small bowls or red wine glasses.
Very good. Interesting taste for sure. Next time tho, I will only use one juniper berry. I'm not all that fond of the taste of shrubbery. But the rest of this family loves it! OH, and its very pretty to boot!