Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a feel-better-soon remedy that I always have on hand. It makes a lot and keeps well in the freezer. From TOH Quick Cooking.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and full of flavor. I followed the recipe other then I didn't have celery. I ended up adding an extra cup of rice as there was too much broth for us. With the extra cup, it was better for us.
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big pot, add the broth; bring to a boil; add celery; lower heat, cover, and let simmer, until celery is tender.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat, cover, and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the rice is tender.