Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Mostly when I make chow mein I just throw in whatever is in the fridge. This is a tried and tested kid - friendly version I like to make for the little 'uns sometimes.
- 2 inches piece gingerroot, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded
- 150 g egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 50 g mange-touts peas
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 spring onion
- 2 -4 tablespoons soya sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely slice the chile.
- Add a little water to the garlic, chile and ginger to make a paste.
- Cook the noodles in boiling, salted water for 4 minutes, and refresh in cold water.
- Heat the sesame seed oil in a frying pan or wok and cook the chile paste and onion for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggies until they're cooked, but still crunchy.
- Add the noodles for a couple of seconds and combine. Drizzle with a little soy sauce.