Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very tasty. I have to have this atleast once a week. My dad loves it more than all of us at home.
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons channa dal
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal
- 2 onions, peeled, washed and finely chopped (1 med. 1 small)
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 tablespoon green chili, chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 8 -10 curry leaves
- 1 medium size carrot, diced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated coconut, to garnish (optional)
- Put oil in a wok and heat for a minute.
- Add mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal and onion.
- Add semolina and saute until light brown.
- Add remaining ingredients, except coconut, and mix well.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
Great recipe - I loved this for breakfast and will make it again often. Thanks for sharing!
Made for I've Saved All These Recipes / Diabetes Forum.
I enjoyed this and will make it again. The only change I made was adding the cumin seeds and curry leaves with the mustard seeds and dals, and after the mustard seeds popped, I added the onions, chlies and ginger.