Bint e Naeem's Note:
Just made the halwa like half an hr ago. Loved how it tasted. In addition to raisons u can also add cocounut. Or for Halwa puri style halwa u can add a 1/2 teaspoon yellow color & omit the raisons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pan add water and sugar. Boil it for ten to 15 mins high or till the water dries up into half.
- 2Turn off the heat & add the raisons (kish mish) in it. This would be yr sheera.
- 3In a separate pan warm up the ghee on medium high and add cardamom seeds and semolina (sooji) in it. Keep on stirring it till the semolina turns a bit darker or golder brown. Note u can not leave the semolina unattended now since it can stick in the pan & burn up easily.
- 4Stir fry it for 10 minutes.
- 5Now add the sugar water & cook it for 5 mins on high.
- 6Once the water dries up & the semolina puffs a little bit cover the pan & let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 7Take out in a serving dish. Sprinkle some chopped dry fruits.
- 8This sweet dish is best served hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sooji Ka Halwa Pakistani Style
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.3
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g