Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just made the halwa like half an hr ago. Loved how it tasted. In addition to raisons u can also add cocounut. Or for Halwa puri style halwa u can add a 1/2 teaspoon yellow color & omit the raisons.
- 1 cup semolina (sooji)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons raisins (kish mish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom seed (choti elaichi)
- 12 tablespoons ghee
- In a pan add water and sugar. Boil it for ten to 15 mins high or till the water dries up into half.
- Turn off the heat & add the raisons (kish mish) in it. This would be yr sheera.
- In a separate pan warm up the ghee on medium high and add cardamom seeds and semolina (sooji) in it. Keep on stirring it till the semolina turns a bit darker or golder brown. Note u can not leave the semolina unattended now since it can stick in the pan & burn up easily.
- Stir fry it for 10 minutes.
- Now add the sugar water & cook it for 5 mins on high.
- Once the water dries up & the semolina puffs a little bit cover the pan & let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Take out in a serving dish. Sprinkle some chopped dry fruits.
- This sweet dish is best served hot.
Loved this. So easy to make and tasty. Thank you for this recipe, a good dessert to impress anyone.
Thank you for the recipe, delicious indeed.
Thank you for the recipe. I was looking for this recipe. This was delicious.