Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
U just cannot hide it from the neighbours...the aroma goes announcing to the whole world :-)
- 1 cup semolina
- 3⁄4 cup pure ghee (BUTTER OIL)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 pinch saffron
- almonds, slivers to garnish
- cashew nuts, slivers to garnish
- Mix sugar and water and bring to the boil to make a syrup of one-thread consistency.
- Add saffron and keep aside.
- Heat pan and add ghee, wait for a few seconds till it is warm.
- Now add semolina.
- Stir till pinky brown on medium heat only.
- Then add syrup and keep stirring till ghee separates.
- Decorate with nuts.
Mmmmmm! Like Varsha, I also decreased the sugar and butter a bit. I just used butter since I didn't have ghee. I also added some coconut and raisins. This really hit the spot!
this would be worth 5* if not for the astronomical amount of ghee in the recipe. i reduced it drastically. i reduced the sugar by 1/4cup as well. it was not as rich but still very delicious.