Recipe by DailyInspiration
Recipe is from the Sonoran Grill cookbook. It says that this sauce is wonderful on any roast pork; however, it recommends pork tenderloin. Recipe did not provide cooking times.
Top Review by Jostlori
Delicious! I made this while our son was visiting, and when we dropped him off at the airport he thanked us for all the wonderful meals and said THIS SAUCE was the highlight of the trip! Well, I thought the rum-soaked raisin brownies were the best of the week, but agree this was way up there! Served with some grilled thick-cut pork chops, this was wonderful. Made for FF&F Best of 2014.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic to a low boil, whisking until brown sugar has completely dissolved.
- Boil, stirring often until liquid has reduced by half; liquid will be a syrup at this point.
- Lower heat to a simmer and whisk in the beef broth. Whisk in the tamarind paste. Stir in the ginger and simmer to let sauce reduce a little more.
- Pour sauce through a sieve into a serving bowl.
- Spoon over sliced pork tenderloin.