Recipe by Sharon123
This is an excellent seasoning to use on seafood, meats, poultry and vegetables.
Top Review by Marysdottir
This stuff is my family's favourite seasoning for oven baked fries and yam fries. We butter or oil the potatoes and yams then sprinkle on lots of this. Bake for as long as it takes to cook and crisp. yams are almost like spicy sweet candy. Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I thought I'd lost the Bon Appetit magazine from the '70s or '80s in which I originally found it!
- 1 tablespoon pure chili powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 4 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chamomile
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 1 star anise (point)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried orange, cut into bits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried orange blossoms
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250*.
- Spread chili powder on a small baking pan.
- Bake until beginning to darken, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine with all remaining ingredients in a blender.
- Grind finely, about 1 minute.
- Store in a jar.
- Excellent on grilled seafood, meats, poultry and vegetables.