Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This dish makes a mildly flavorful accompaniment to any Mexican dish. From Good Food Magazine May 1988.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very tasty & easy to put together. My stove has a simmer setting but it must not have been hot enough so I needed to cook about 10 mins more. Liked the cumin flavour. Thanks for sharing.
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml long-grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml water
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently 2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring to coat with oil, until rice begins to brown, 5-8 minutes. Stir in garlic and cumin and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover skillet, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered 10 minutes. Fluff rice gently with fork and transfer to serving dish.